Saxilby Church of England Primary School
Family Support Worker
We are looking to appoint a part time Family Support Worker who can support children and families who may need a little extra support or who are experiencing difficulties. This is a great opportunity in an interesting and varied role with much to offer; it involves working on varied projects and tasks that require focus and considerable initiative. The successful candidate will be a confident communicator with exceptionally strong interpersonal skills. This is very much a hands-on role which provides both challenge and support and requires the ability to be adaptable, solutions-focused and independent. Tasks will vary depending on the needs of each child and their family. The post holder will carry out Early Help Assessments, attend and lead TAC, ESCO and CIN meetings, work with children in school, work in close partnership with their parents and liaise between agencies on the child/families behalf.
This post is a part time (13 hours a week), permanent G6 post . Hours can be arranged flexibly over the week but will be across at least three days of the week. Additional hours may be available to provide additional one to one and small group support for children.
The candidate should have:
- Experience of working directly with children/young people
- Proven track record of working with other professionals and outside agencies
- Experience of Early Help Assessments, TAC and CP procedures
- Sound knowledge of Child Safeguarding
- Proven record-keeping experience and a strong ability to work independently, using your own initiative
In return we can offer:
- A welcoming and friendly school with supportive staff, governors and parents.
- Wonderful children and families
- Excellent opportunities for developing skills
- A varied and enjoyable role in a schools setting
Job Description & Person Specification:
Closing date: Friday 6th September
Interview date: Week beginning 9th September
Visits to the school are welcome (from the 4th Sept). To obtain an application pack please download from our school website at www.saxilby.lincs.sch.uk or to book a visit please contact the school on 01522 702669.
Our school is committed to the safeguarding of children and promoting child welfare. The appointment will be subject to an Enhanced CRB Disclosure. All references will be taken up before interview