School Governors play an important role in overseeing the management of the school.
The Governing Body and its Committees:
- Plans the school’s long-term future including its aims and objectives
- Sets policies and targets
- Reviews and monitors progress in achieving the aims, objectives and targets
- Promotes high standards of education and care
- Provides support and challenge
- Approves and monitors the schools budget
- Appoints senior staff including the Head Teacher
Governors also spend time in school in their role as ‘critical friend’, observing teaching and learning and supporting staff. This helps them to understand the day-to-day organisation of the school and to make informed decision for future developments. They are also invited to all school events and activities, and participate whenever possible.
Contacting the Governing Body
You can contact the governing body either via the school or directly by contacting the Clerk to Governors
Mrs Imogen Lemon
Clerk to Governors
Governing Body Impact
Governors’ impact is essential. At the end of each meeting the collective impact of the decisions made is quantified. These are set out as impact statements which are re-evaluated on an annual basis as part of a process of continual improvement. The impact statement for 2017-18 are to be found here.
Impact Statements 2017-18