The procedures we will follow if we have to close the school are:
- The website will be updated at about 7.30am each day if there is any likelihood of the school not opening in the morning. We will also use Parent Mail to notify parents so please ensure you are registered.
- LincsFM has school closure announcements which are regularly updated throughout the day. LincsFM is on 102.2. LincsFM also have a very clear websites which is regularly updated throughout the day on www.lincsfm.co.uk. This website is especially useful rather than having to wait around and listen for a closure announcement to be made.
- It would be helpful if you could try to use one of the sources of information above instead of phoning the school office to ask if we are open. We only have a limited number of telephone lines and these are needed to ensure communication and coordination of all our key support providers on days such as these.
- In the extremely unlikely event of the school having to close during the day we will make arrangements to contact every child’s parent/carer. If that parent/carer cannot be contacted, the child will be supervised at school until collection. For this reason please ensure that your contact details at the school are correct and up to date.
- If your child is at school and you decide that, because of your particularly hazardous travel arrangements, you need to collect him/her early please come to the school office. We will arrange for your child to be brought to the office with all their belongings. Please do not attempt to collect your child direct from their classroom during school hours. All children going home throughout the day must sign out at the school office to ensure that we comply with fire regulations.
In the event of bad weather please take care when travelling to school; it is your decision to make if conditions are too bad for you to bring your child in when the school is staying open.